Welcome to another MMM challenge! Meg is hosting the theme of cats or dogs and I’m looking forward to seeing your creations in the gallery. Since I just posted a dogs card for Cardz 4 Guyz (you can see that here), I chose cats for this MMM.
Here’s my card:
I thoroughly enjoyed playing around with the DSP (designer series paper) to find a non-pattern with which I was happy. I used the Playful Pets stamps, coordinating die set, and both ribbons. In addition, I used the tailored label punch and a circle punch.
- The Flirty Flamingo card base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to form a tent card.
- I trimmed the black mat to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The sentiment circle came from scrap white cardstock. I also trimmed a piece of white cardstock for the inside to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- The last measuring I did was for the envelope flap. I used a piece of the cats DSP and trimmed it to 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches. I adhered this directly to the envelope flap so I wouldn’t misplace it.
What I Did:
- Without any real thought, I just started punching a bunch of tailored tags out of the cat themed DSP.
- Happily this grumpy cat fit inside one of my circle punches. I used the layering circles die set to crop the mat for it out of scrap black.
- This grumpy cat immediately reminded me of Garfield, which led to the use of the “Enjoy” sentiment. Hopefully, eventually, grumpy cat would smile sooner or later. Both the cat and the sentiment have dimensionals underneath them so they pop off the card.
- Then, I just needed to play around with the DSP tags until I found something suitable. Using this removable tape helped me move things around without worrying about getting everything out of place.
- Once I found a layout with which I was happy, I used multipurpose liquid adhesive to adhere everything down to the black mat.
- Next, used the Label Me Fancy punch to get a slit punched out in the tip of the sentiment circle. I wrapped the ribbon and baker’s twine around the black mat and slipped one set of ends through the slit. The dimensionals really keep the sentiment from just flapping on the card.
- I used a glue dot to adhere one of the (retired) pet trinkets to the cats collar. Then I used 3 black matte dots to embellish the sentiment.
- I stamped “I hope your day is a real treat” on the inside and added a cropped cat to the bottom, left corner.
- After trimming the DSP on the envelope flap, I punched a circle for the seal, which I ran through my XYRON create-a-sticker. The seal then lives inside the envelope until I am ready to use the card.
- With that, I’d completed this card/envelope/seal coordinated set.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
What’s New? Since you asked, it’s The Kits Collection!
Take a look at this video explaining what you get with your kit! Remember, the kits are all inclusive! Just add some of your own crafting basic tools, and you are good to go!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.