Welcome back to another Make My Monday Challenge! The theme for MMM#148 is to create a sympathy card. These cards seem so difficult to do when the need arises. I almost feel like I am tempting fate when I make one in advance, but then am thankful when needed.
Here’s my card:
Black, yellow and white is such a classic color combination and I’ve always loved it. While yellow seems doesn’t seem like a traditional sympathy color, I think the intentional pops of black make this combination completely appropriate for a sympathy card.
- The So Saffron base measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 to create a tent card.
- The black mat measures 5-3/8 inches by 8-1/4 inches.
- Since the Painted Texture #D embossing folder creates such a deep emboss that I like to trim the paper to size after embossing. This top layer measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- While I had the white paper handy, I trimmed a piece for the inside of the card to the same measurements.
- Amazingly, I had the black flourish in the 8×8 inch page protectors I use for scraps of cardstock. I simply needed to trim it to 5-1/2 inches wide.
- The piece of the So Saffron 6 x 6 inch DSP measures 1-1/8 x 5-1/4 inches.
- I picked a piece of coordinating yellow butterfly DSP for the envelope flap. That piece measured 2-1/2 inches by 6 inches. I have realized I need to attach the paper for envelope flaps as soon as I trim it down so I don’t misplace the piece.
Putting It Together
- Once I had all my pieces, putting the card together proved to be a simple process.
- I attached the Basic Black mat and the white embossed card front using the multipurpose glue.
- Then I adhered the So Saffron strip and the black flourish using multipurpose glue as well. This Tombow adhesive is my favorite go-to adhesive. So much so that I make sure I always have at least 15 tubes on hand. I don’t want to have any chance of running out, especially when I start creating cards en masse.
- I cropped this beautiful butterfly from a piece of the Butterfly Bijou DSP, which has sold out. However, happiness still abounds because the Butterfly Brilliance bundle contains the coordinating stamp set and die set. Take a look at this gorgeousness:
- The stamp set is actually all one stamp, as is the coordinating die. Many demonstrators have purchases a second stamp set to cut it apart for single butterflies. I think I will have to do that as well.
- This beautifully simple sentiment on the front comes from the Heal Your Heart Sale-a-Bration stamp set. I stamped it using the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad, then cropped it using the stitched rectangle dies. Next, I outlined the rectangle with the black marker to add some dimension to the sentiment.
- I popped up the sentiment and the butterfly on dimensionals.
- Finally, I used three of the 2020 – 2022 In Color enamel dots to add something simple to the card.
- I purposely didn’t add ribbon because I thought the flourish carried the eyes from one side of the card to the other. Adding ribbon would take away the card clean and simple design of the card.
- With that, I’d finished this coordinated card and envelope set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you will visit the Make My Monday Challenge and also visit the blogs of the other design team members. I look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery!
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Additional Sympathy Stamp Sets:
The 2021 – 2022 Catalog is Live!
My new catalog order arrives Wednesday! I plan to do an unboxing video and hope to post that later in the week.
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
What could be better than placing an order?
$25 additional Stampin’ Rewards for qualifying orders!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.