CAS = clean and simple.
I thought I had my CAS card created and posted over the Christmas break. Well, I did have it. Then I checked to see what the rest of the design team created, and realized I probably needed more white space. So, I just created another card, but it’s too late to get on the design team post. Caz, the challenge admin, is in England. I’m in Florida and completely missed the deadline. Therefore, I am posting the card I just created and the card on the blog.
Here’s the new card:
Here’s the card from the blog post:
As you can see, there is a great deal more white space on the new card.
Well-Suited DSP for the Win!
- Both cards have a Real Red card base measuring 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, and scored at 5-1/2 inches, creating a tent fold card.
- I used the Brick and Mortar 3d embossing folder for the white cardstock. It’s much more prominent in the new card.
- The three sentiments on the new card are from the Special Someone photopolymer stamp set. By punching them out using the Classic Label Punch I could create a more open feel than the DT (Design Team) card.
- The sentiment on the DT card comes from the Peaceful Moments stamp set. While I really like it, having the sentiment block gives a heavier feel to the card. To me, Clean and Simple means light and airy, something I failed to achieve on the DT card. I think I nailed it on the new card though.
- I used the same DSP patterns from Well-Suited for both cards and envelope flaps. Actually, these two patterns are on the front and back of the same sheet of DSP.
I’m really pleased with both cards, but know the new card is definitely cleaner and simpler.
Valentine’s Day Cards for the Greats!
Later in the week I plan to post the Valentine’s Day cards I made for my great-nieces and great-nephew to exchange in day care and PreK. They are the reason I now own the Shark Frenzy, Kangaroo and Company, Darling Donkeys, and Lots of Heart stamp sets and coordinating die sets. They are too cute to pass up, and I was thrilled to be able to make cards for them to share. Even fussy cutting 16 donkeys was well worth it.
Come back later this week to see all the cuteness these products created.
That’s All for Now, Fellow Crafters!
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE for FEBRUARY is 7EUAPNKA.
It’s Sale-a-Bration! Sale-a-Bration ends on February 28, 2021!
It’s Mini-Catalog Time!
Mini-catalog and/or Annual Catalog + Sale-a-Bration = FREE Products!
Take a look at the January – June Mini Catalog and the Sale-a-Bration Catalog!
If you liked the “Hey, Chick” stamp set from two years ago, you are going to LOVE these bundles!
Happy Birthday Chick and Hey Chick stamp sets! Each stamp set has it’s own coordinating die set!