Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects showing “My Favorite Things” from any of the two current catalogs or the upcoming catalog in January. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Have a Hoot Christmas Owls
First, let me start by saying that I love these owls! I’ve made many Halloween cards with them and am enjoying making Christmas cards as well. Add the new way to make easy-peasy shaker cards (you can see Monday’s card here), and I am in heaven right now. This card actually is from the just closed Freshly Made Sketches, and Color Throwdown challenges. However, I can still make the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge # 092. I liked the card so much that I decided to hold off on it for this Blog Hop.
Here’s my card:
Here are the challenge banners:
Measurements and Such
- The Merry Merlot base measures 4-1/4 by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I started with two pieces of 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches of Whisper White. After I ran one piece through the Big Shot in the Woodland embossing folder, I trimmed it to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches for the front. As always, I trimmed the inside piece to 5-1/4 inches by 4 inches.
- While I had the white out, I cropped a piece using the largest square from the Stitched Shapes die set. I also grabbed a scrap piece of white for the sentiment.
- The DSP for the bottom square and the envelope flap comes from the gorgeous 6 x 6 Classic Christmas DSP. I trimmed the piece for the envelope flap to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches. I cropped the piece for the front of the card using the same die I used for the white square.
- Now that I had all my pieces ready, it was time to start assembling.
Assembly Required, but Still Easy-Peasy
- Following the Freshly Made Sketches challenge, my sentiment needed to be a strip. I chose the Merry Christmas sentiment from Snowman Season and needed to use my Stamp-aratus. After using my embossing buddy on the scrap of white cardstock, then stamped the sentiment using Merry Merlot ink. Next, I cleaned the stamp and restamped the sentiment using VersaMark. Then, I covered it in clear embossing powder and heat set the sentiment.
- I trimmed the sentiment strip to 7/8 inch by 4 inches. Then, I could use the Banners Pick a Punch for the chevron end of the strip. I used the Label Me Fancy punch for the ribbon end of the sentiment strip and added a piece of Snowflake Splendor ribbon.
- Then it was time for the easy peasy shaker. I stamped the owl family on my white square of cardstock. I stamped another on a scrap piece of white. Following the Color Throwdown colors, I used Soft Suede blends for the branch right on the square. I colored the owls on the scrap paper using Crumb Cake light blend. Their hats are light Cherry Cobbler for the bottom band and dark Cherry Cobbler for the top part of the hat.
- I used the clear medium envelopes to make the shaker part of the card. I tried to make (my first posted) video of how to make this easy-peasy shaker card, but it wasn’t good at all. So, please see this post for written directions and Connie Stewart’s video. So easy!
Back to the Pals’ Blog Hop!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on January 13th when our theme will be Time to Sale-A-Brate. Participants will showcase tags or 3D items that will be great for gifts for any occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jeanie H Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Lisa Milligan at Stamp a Rainbow
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Paper Pumpkin Orders for December!
You have until December 10th to sign up for the December Paper Pumpkin! Here’s a sneak preview!