Welcome to the C4G #259 theme challenge, which is traditional Christmas. For me, that means reds and greens, Christmas trees, and maybe a plaid blanket thrown in for good measure. Therefore, that’s just what I did for my card.
Here’s my card:
Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Whisper White and Plaid
The Christmas Means More stamp set, available now in the July – December mini-catalog, has four quotes from traditional Christmas movies. I chose the quote from ELF for the front of this card. So, let’s get started!
- I used Mossy Meadow cardstock for the base and it measures 5-1/2 inches by 8-1/2 inches. I scored it at 4-1/4 inches to create a landscape tent card.
- Next, I trimmed the Cherry Cobbler cardstock mat to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- Then I trimmed the plaid DSP, from the Plaid Tidings 6 x 6 inch DSP stack, to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used a 1 inch by 5-1/4 inches strip of Cherry Cobbler DSP for the banner under the sentiment. To accomodate the linen thread wrapped around this strip, I adhered it to the plaid DSP using dimensionals.
- I stamped the sentiment on Mossy Meadow cardstock using VersaMark so I could add white embossing powder, which I then heat set. After I cropped the sentiment using a square die from the Stitched Shapes set, I adhered it to the card using a double layer of dimensionals.
- The Christmas trees, stamped in Mossy Meadow on white cardstock, come from the Rooted in Nature stamp set. I cropped them out using the coordinating die set. While I had those supplies handy, I also stamped and cropped another double tree and a single tree stamp for the inside.
- Time to move on to the inside!
Here’s a picture of the inside of the card:
- I trimmed the white cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches, as always.
- The inside sentiment is from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set, and I stamped it in Cherry Cobbler.
- Finally, I adhered the Christmas trees in the bottom corners using the multipurpose liquid glue.
- I trimmed another piece of the Cherry Cobbler DSP for the envelope flap. Once I had adhered and trimmed the flap, I’d completed this easy-peasy card/envelope set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Of course you do! Even more so because you are now moving on to create Thanksgiving and holiday cards, right? There’s more information about the August – December 2020 mini-catalog below!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.
The HOST CODE for DECEMBER is 7Y27249U.
Today is the DAY! January – June Mini-Catalog Preorder for Demos!
I can show you the cover, but not the insides, YET! I will be able to show you what I purchased as soon as it comes in though!
Paper Pumpkin Orders for December!
You have until December 10th to sign up for the December Paper Pumpkin! Here’s a sneak preview!