Welcome to another post for the Make My Monday design team. I chose the challenge theme of Thankful. Whether you will celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday or not, there is always something for which we can all be thankful. For this card, I used the Plaid Tidings DSP, copper foil, and the Autumn Greetings stamp set.
Here’s my card:
Here’s what I did:
- The Pretty Peacock base measures 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches to create a tent card.
- I trimmed the copper foil mat to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. Since I didn’t want to waste the whole piece that wouldn’t be seen, I used a stitched rectangles die to crop out the middle. Now, I can use that piece on another project.
- I needed two pieces of the Plaid Tidings DSP. The background piece measures 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. The second piece is for the envelope flap and measures 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches.
- There’s also two pieces of Whisper White cardstock. I trimmed both to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. One of those pieces is for the inside. I used the other piece to create my focal panel on the front.
The Front Focal Panel
- Next, I used my Stamp-aratus to stamp the large fall floral image using Cajun Craze on the white cardstock. Since I used the Stamp-aratus, I was able to clean the stamp after using the Cajun Craze and restamp using VersaMark.
- After stamping the VersaMark twice, I covered the image in clear embossing powder, then used the heat tool to set the powder. Watching that magic happen is always special.
- Then I cropped the stamped/embossed floral swag using the same stitched rectangle die I used to crop out the center of the copper foil.
- I used scrap pieces of cardstock to create the sentiment panel. Both the sentiment mat and greeting are in Pretty Peacock. I cropped the sentiment using another stitched rectangle die. There are dimensionals under both the sentiment and the mat.
- The double layer of dimensionals were necessary for me to be able to use the acorn trinket. I tied a piece of the copper ribbon around the focal panel and added the acorn trinker to the double square knot.
- I stamped another sentiment from the Autumn Greetings stamp set in Pretty Peacock on the inside panel. I accented the sentiment using Cajun Craze and the falling leaves stamp.
- Finally, I adhered the DSP to the envelope flap. With that, I’d finished this card/envelope set.
I think I am going to make some more cards using this layout. I still need a couple of Thanksgiving cards before Thursday, and this card came together rather easily.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Do you live in the U.S. and need a demonstrator? If so, I’d love to talk to you!
Of course you do! Even more so because you are now moving on to create Thanksgiving and holiday cards, right? There’s more information about the August – December 2020 mini-catalog below!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards! Any order over $50 will earn a little surprise from me.