Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Here’s my card:
Autumn Greetings and Quite Curvy
The Autumn Greetings stamp set has really grown on me. I loved the font right away, but I really didn’t like the big autumn floral stamp in the set. However, after creating this elegant fall card as a design team member for Make My Monday, I have changed my mind. You can see that card here. I decided that I would use the Gilded Autumn DSP, the Merry Merlot, and Soft Sea Foam 6″ x 6″ DSP.
- The Soft Sea Foam base was trimmed to 8-1/2 inches by 5-1/2 inches, scored at 4-1/4 inches.
- The middle mat layer is the copper foil paper trimmed to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- Next, I trimmed the Merry Merlot DSP to 4 inches by 3-1/2 inches. Then I used the Curvy Dies to crop the Merry Merlot DSP so that the highest side measures 3-1/2 inches.
- I trimmed the Gilded Autumn DSP to 4 inches by 3 inches. This means that the Merry Merlot and the Gilded Autumn DSP overlaps.
- I used the three mini punches that come with the Autumn Greetings bundle to punch out some of the leaves and acorn from the gilded DSP.
- Then it was time to work on the curvy leaves part of the card. I stamped the leaves garland from the Quite Curvy stamp set using VersaMark on Soft Sea Foam DSP. The Stamp-aratus made stamping the leafy garland so much easier! While I had just re-nked my VersaMark, the Stamp-aratus made the stamp placement perfect .
- After stamping, I covered the VersaMark copper embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool. Then I cropped the garland using a die from the Curvy Dies. The first time I cropped, my placement was off. Therefore, I cut off the part I messed up and used it for the bottom of the inside of the card. So, I piled it on for the inside as well.
- I used mini-dimensionals to pop up the leafy garland and the mini-punched pieces.
- Very Vanilla works perfectly with the Gilded Autumn DSP. I used a scrap piece for the sentiment panel, which is also embossed with heat set copper embossing powder.
- I trimmed the vanilla cardstock to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside. This wonderful sentiment from Autumn Greetings perfectly matches the Thanksgiving theme. As I said earlier, I used my oops garland on the bottom of the inside.
- Originally, I didn’t have any ribbon chosen for this card. When trying to figure out where I needed the outside sentiment to live, I decided I did need a bit of something. Trial and error definitely came into play will trying to figure out what to use. Finally, I decided to use linen thread.
- After adhering a piece of the Merry Merlot DSP to the Very Vanilla envelope flap, I had completed this card/envelope set.
Back to the Pals Blog!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Newest Stampin’ Up! Promotion Bundle!
This absolutely gorgeous bundle is now available!
Here are some fabulous images from Stampin’ Up! Each bundle is available separately, but if you want it all, the whole variety bundle is pictured below: