One of the great things about being on a design team is that we get sneak peeks at the themes and what all the other DT members created. For this Make My Monday challenge, the theme is masculine and I made a masculine Halloween card. I have one-and-a-half Halloween cards to make, but the out-of-state ones will be mailed this evening. This card is for my nephew who is in college out-of-state. Is he too old for a Halloween card? Not at all when there’s a Chik-fil-a gift card inside! The layout for this card was inspired by this week’s CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.
Here’s my card:
I’m having a grand time with the owls from Have a Hoot and with all the greeting from Festive Corners photopolymer stamp sets.
Here’s the challenge sketch from CAS(E) this sketch, #395:
Measurements and Such
- I used Rich Razzleberry for the base of the card. I trimmed it to 4-1/4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches.
- A mat between the plaid DSP and the base definitely needed to be included. I chose Basic Black and trimmed it to 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- The plaid DSP, from the Plaid Tidings DSP pack, is trimmed to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches.
- I used one of the rectangle stitched dies to crop some Mango Melody cardstock frame the white focal panel. The final measurement of both the Mango Melody frame and the white cardstock underneath is 2-1/4 inches by 4-1/8 inches.
- I used the Momento Tuxedo Black ink pad to stamp all the stamped elements of this card.
- The sentiment, spider web, and spider come from the Festive Corners stamp set.
- I stamped the owl sitting on the branches directly onto the white cardstock. It’s important to note that I stamped it before I attached the frame. I also stamped another oil on a piece of scrap white cardstock to color and crop.
- Since I wanted to use the Regals DSP for the owl’s cape, I also stamped the owl on a piece of the Rich Razzleberry 6 x 6 inch DSP.
- I used the dark and light Basic Black blends combo to color the branches.
- I colored the owl using the light and dark Smoky Slate blends combo. After I finished coloring, I used the Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker to outline all of the parts of the owl.
- I cropped the owls out of the white cardstock and the DSP. Next, I very carefully fussy cut the two pieces of the cape and used the multipurpose glue to adhere it down.
- There are mini-dimensionals under the owl. Have I said that I really enjoy this stamp set?!?
- While dry-fitting all the pieces, I decided that I needed something to tie the framed panel and the plaid together. I already had a cropped black spiral-ish circle thingie from the Painted Labels die set. After cutting it in half, I simply played around with the placement of it.
- I trimmed the white cardstock for the inside to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches. The inside sentiment also comes from Have a Hoot and says Have a Hoot on Halloween.
- I trimmed a piece of the plaid DSP to 6 inches by 2-3/8 inches for the envelope flap. Next, I adhered it and trimmed it using my paper snips.
- With that, I’d finished this card and envelope coordinated set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the DSP sale, right? This sale ends Saturday, 10.31.2020, so order soon!
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards!
The HOST CODE for OCTOBER is CBDP2DQT.
Just Look at This DSP Special!
If you LOVE DSP and love to buy it, the special this month is just for you!
Here’s the DSP that’s included in the 15% off sale!
|ARTISTRY BLOOMS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER TIS THE SEASON 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|FOREVER GREENERY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|POINSETTIA PLACE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TRIMMING THE TOWN DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAID TIDINGS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TOILE TIDINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PEONY GARDEN DESIGNERS SERIES PAPER|
|WHALE OF A TIME 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|HEARTWARMING HUGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|MAGIC IN THIS NIGHT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYING WITH PATTERNS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYFUL PETS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
Don’t Forget About the Holiday Catalog Available Now!!
Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your time.