Orange in October? What could be more perfect? Without further ado, here’s my card, inside and out:
I love all the stamps and dies in this set, but the dabbing owl on the front? Absolutely my favorite! This adorable Halloween card comes to you courtesy of two stamp sets, Plaid Tidings DSP, and the Peek-a-Hoot die set. I did use the scalloped trim die from the Painted Labels die set, but ribbon would be a good substitute. The inside sentiments come from the Festive Corners stamp set.
I’m not sure which niece or nephew will be getting this card, but I’m so in love with it I might have to make many more.
- The base of the card is Pumpkin Pie cut to 4.1-4 inches by 11 inches, scored at 5-1/2 inches. This card is a tent card.
- The black carstock mat on the front measures 4-1/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- I cropped the spider web and two of the scallop trim pieces from the center of the black mat layer. In order to get a long enough piece of the trim, I needed to overlap two pieces then trim off the ends. So stinking pleased that I was able to get the ends trimmed in the same place.
- I trimmed the Plaid Tidings DSP to 4 inches by 3 inches. While I had the DSP handy, I trimmed another piece to 6 inches by 2-1/2 inches for the envelope flap.
- Next, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to 2-1/4 inches by 4 inches for the top of the outside. I also trimmed a piece to 4 inches by 5-1/4 inches for the inside of the card.
- I stamped the owls for the front and inside of the card on scrap pieces of white cardstock. . I’ve found that it’s much easier to color them before cropping them out using the die set.
- I already had the black Everyday Label punched out. Actually, I have a pretty decent stash of various colors and various labels already punched.
- I cropped the sentiment label using the three piece label die from the Peek-a-Hoot die set. Who knew that it would fit perfectly on the Everyday Label punch out? Score!!
Stamping, Coloring, Assembling ~ oh my!
- The Stamp-aratus made the whole sentiment process infinitely easier than it could have been. After stamping the sentiment on the piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock, I cleaned the stamp and stamped it a couple of times in VersaMark. I used clear embossing powder then heat set it using my heat tool.
- I colored the owls first. Since I used the light and dark Cinnamon Cider blends combo they have a very slight orange color to them. Of course, that could just be because the rest of the card has so much orange in it. I used the Pumpkin Pie marker to color the little, tiny beak. Using the Crumb Cake marker for the talons seemed like a good choice..
- I used the light and dark Mango Melody blend combo for the cutout portions of the pumpkin on the inside. The Pumpkin Pie blends combo finished out the main part of the pumpkin.
- The branches were colored using the Soft Suede blends combo.
- The hanging spider by the owl recieved a layer of Wink of Stella for a little bling.
- After using the multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the spider web, I stamped the spider from the Festive Corners stamp set.
- Amazingly, the only dimensionals are under the black Everyday Label punchout. Since I needed to make sure the card wouldn’t need extra postage, I popped the sentiment panel up using two layers of glue dots.
- After I finished the envelope, I’d completed this card/envelope coordinated set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you will join our challenge this week at MakeMyMonday.com!
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Look at This DSP Special!
If you LOVE DSP and love to buy it, the special this month is just for you!
Here’s the DSP that’s included in the 15% off sale!
|ARTISTRY BLOOMS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER TIS THE SEASON 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|FOREVER GREENERY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|POINSETTIA PLACE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TRIMMING THE TOWN DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAID TIDINGS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|TOILE TIDINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PEONY GARDEN DESIGNERS SERIES PAPER|
|WHALE OF A TIME 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|HEARTWARMING HUGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|MAGIC IN THIS NIGHT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYING WITH PATTERNS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
|PLAYFUL PETS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER|
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the DSP sale, right?
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards!