Somewhere along the line the other day I saw a color challenge on one of the many challenges I follow. ctd614 colors for this week include purple, green, and khaki.
Here’s my card:
Here’s the challenge banner:
At first, I had pastels in mind, but I couldn’t get anything to work. Then I found this already stamped and cropped Mossy Meadow tree in the Rooted in Nature stamp set case. That’s how I came up with this color combination.
What I Did
- I used the Rooted in Nature stamp set and coordinating dies for all the stamped images on the front of the card.
- I stamped the cross-section of the tree three times without re-inking, starting in the bottom right-hand corner. The third stamp is just barely visible to the right of the tree, but that’s what I wanted.
- I stamped the leaf trio and sentiment in Blackberry Bliss then cropped them out. The stitched rectangle die fits the sentiment perfectly.
- I used the triple banner punch for both banners. Since I wanted a clean as possible card, I simply used a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock. The Mossy Meadow DSP provided the color for the thinner banner.
- I knew I wanted to have some sort of natural twine on the card. After trial and error, I came up with just wrapping the linen thread around the DSP banner 5 times.
- Dimensionals provide the depth for the tree, leaf trio, and sentiment. I used the multipurpose liquid adhesive for everything else. The use of this adhesive allows for a few seconds of wiggle time to get the position just right.
Here’s the inside of the card:
- I’ve had to create sympathy cards for the past few months, they are the difficult to create when needed. The Here’s a Card stamp set contains a sympathy stamp which coordinates with the sentiment on the front.
- I second-generation stamped the cross-section of the tree using Soft Suede, just as on the front. Since I had a stamped and cropped leaf trio I adhered it on top of the cross-section.
- I stamped the inside sentiment in Blackberry Bliss.
- After adhering a piece of Soft Suede DSP to the envelope flap, I’d finished this sympathy card/envelope set.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I’d love to hear what you think, and greatly appreciate every comment.
Have a Peachy Day!
Look at This DSP Special!
If you LOVE DSP and love to buy it, the special this month is just for you!
Here’s the DSP that’s included in the 15% off sale!
|ARTISTRY BLOOMS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER TIS THE SEASON 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|FOREVER GREENERY DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|POINSETTIA PLACE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|TRIMMING THE TOWN DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|PLAID TIDINGS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|TOILE TIDINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|PEONY GARDEN DESIGNERS SERIES PAPER
|WHALE OF A TIME 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|HEARTWARMING HUGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|MAGIC IN THIS NIGHT DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|SNOWFLAKE SPLENDOR DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|IN GOOD TASTE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|PLAYING WITH PATTERNS 6″ X 6″ (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
|PLAYFUL PETS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER
Do You Want to Place an Order?
Of course you do! Even more so because of the DSP sale, right?
If you are ordering less than $150.00, please use the host code shown. If you are ordering more than $150.00, please contact me first so you can get your stamping rewards!