Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team is showcasing “Gifts From the Garden.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
A Fun Fold with Flowers for Every Season
This 6 x 6 inch DSP pack contains 12 double-sided pages for a total of 24 different patterns. I have a strong suspicion that I will be buying another pack of this DSP soon.
Here’s my fun fold card:
The first picture is the outside of the card, and the second is the first layer. The third is the sentiment inside, and the fourth shows the gift card pocket on the inside of the card.
Here’s the challenge banner for the Paper Players Challenge # 498:
Fun and Fancy Fold
When layering mats on the outside of cards, I like to step down the measurements by 1/8 inch on the length and width of each layer. For the inside panels of a card, I usually step down by 1/4 inch on the length and width.
I first saw this fun fold in a video by Lisa Curcio and loved it. I’d already created two different cards for this blog hop, but when I saw this one, I realized I would be creating a third, and final, card.
Measurements, and a Bit More
I’ve included the measurements and cuts needed for each piece of the card.
- Just Jade base of the card: 6-1/4 inches by 5-1/2 inches. Score at 4-1/4 inches.
- Whisper White inside of the card: 8 inches by 5-1/4 inches. Score at 4 inches.
- Just Jade cardstock panels: 2-3/4 inches by 3-1/2 inches. Cut 2.
- Poppy Parade cardstock panel piece for front: 1-7/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches. Cut 1.
- Poppy Parade cardstock pieces for sentiment blocks: 2-1/2 inches by 3-3/8 inches. Cut 2.
- DSP panel for front: 1-5/8 inches by 5-1/4 inches. Cut 1.
- DSP for sentiment blocks: 2-5/8 inches by 3-1/8 inches. Cut 2.
- DSP for inside flap of Just Jade base: 1-7/8 inches by 5-3/8 inches.
- Just Jade for the gift card pocket: 5-1/4 inches by 3 inches. Score at 2-5/8 inches.
- DSP for envelope flap: 2-3/4 inches by 6 inches.
- Whisper White scraps for sentiment blocks.
Putting It Together
I may not have put the card together the easiest way, but I learned a couple of things along the way.
Here are the steps I took:
- Attached the white inner card to the inside of the Just Jade base. Make sure not to put the scored white fold directly on top of the base fold. I only moved the white base over by 1/16 inch. Therefore, it’s very, very close but not on the base fold.
- Next, I layered the DSP on the Poppy Parade pieces, then adhered those layers to the corresponding Just Jade layer.
- Attached the DSP to the back flap for the front of the Just Jade base.
At this point, I realized I wanted some bling on the DSP without adding any rhinestones. So, I grabbed my clear Wink of Stella pen and colored just the Poppy Parade flowers on all the DSP pieces. Luckily, the sentiment blocks create a sense of a border on both DSP pieces.
Back to putting the card together.
The next steps need to be done in order or you might have a problem lining up both DSP/sentiment blocks.
- Figure out where you want the inside DSP panel to live on your card. I tried to get my panel centered as much as possible.
- Close the front Just Jade flap over the front of the white cardstock. Carefully line up the top sentiment block right over the inside sentiment block. I used tear-and-tape to adhere just the left side of the top block to the card flap. DON’T put adhesive on the whole piece or your card won’t open properly.
- Now it’s time to stamp. YEAH!
One Card, Three Stamp Sets
After deciding to stamp sentiments in Poppy Parade, I used the Peaceful Moments cling stamp set for the front “Happy Birthday” and inside “Wishing you every happiness this special day will bring”. The rectangle stitched die cropped the birthday sentiment. Happily, I found that the inside sentiment fit perfectly inside the Stitched So Sweetly die. The inside sentiment was adhered using the multipurpose liquid adhesive. I used dimensionals for the birthday sentiment.
I picked the other two sentiments from the Special Someone stamp set. The Classic Label Punch framed these two sentiments. These two sentiment parts allowed me to stagger them on the DSP between the sparkly Poppy Parade flowers. Both of these pieces are popped up on mini-dimensionals. In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have popped them up. However, I’m happy, so I left it alone.
The Ornate Style stamp set provided the corner decorations for which I was looking. Since I’d used Poppy Parade for the sentiments, I used Just Jade for the corner flourishes. The result of these flourishes is exactly what I thought would be finishing touches.
I really enjoy using ribbon on cards, and this one needed a ribbon as well. The Just Jade ribbon is thin enough to fit right on the front flap, especially since I tied it in a square knot.
Then, all I needed to do was adhere the DSP to the envelope flap and trim it down. With that, I’d finished this fun fold card/envelope set.
Back to the Pals Blog Hop
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop, which will be August 12th when our theme is “My Happiest Season.” The Design Team will showcase projects inspired by their favorite seasonal time of the year.Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Merrill at Inkflair
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping